- Two large flour tortillas, trimmed to fit if necessary
- Some olive oil, sprinkled on lightly
- Some Medium Safeway Select Fire Roasted Salsa, spread thinly with a spoon (I think that the key here is chipotle, or Serrano chilies with garlic)
- Some cheddar cheese, shredded, but certainly not pre-shredded
- About a half-cup of button white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- One green onion, thinly sliced
- One small tomato, thinly sliced and with watery guts removed
- Some black olives, sliced
1. Prep all the ingredients above
2. Preheat oven to 425° F, placing the rack on the middle level.
3. On a large cookie sheet, stack the ingredients in order of listing. Then bake for about 4 to 7 minutes, keeping a very close eye on the oven.
4. Slice into quarters and enjoy with a homemade salad!
Be sure to eat the tortilla slices and tomato guts. It would be a shame to let them go to waste. 🙂
(Modification: the above recipe is short on protein. Consider adding some sliced lunch meat, cooked ground turkey, or pepperoni. The pepperoni or lunch meat could go in the salad too.)