Hello friends and family!
Thank you so much for your prayers as I finish my last paper. Things are going well!
- While I did have some anxiety in coming up and starting, I was restored to peace through prayers- thank you.
- I spent the last two days reading “Religion & Violence” by Robert Mcafee Brown- it has been most helpful to me as I struggle with the question of the use of violent means for the desired end of a more peaceful and just society. If you are interested in where my studies are leading me, please do contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to talk. I enjoy opportunities to share about what I have learned and to see what more I can learn from others. At the moment though, I am still processing it all!
- I now have Monday through Thursday to outline, write, and revise the rest of my paper, and if I finish sooner, all the better! There are many preparations to make for my October visit to Peru (including thanking the many of you that have helped me to get this far!)
In the coming days, please pray for the following:
- For clarity and a sense of direction as I outline my paper
- That I wouldn’t get bogged down with minute details or sidetracked on rabbit trails
- That the words would flow.
- That God would use this paper and the process of writing it to help His Kingdom be made known on earth.
Further updates on my September 13th requests:
- Housing: It appears that I will be staying where I am for at least the rest of 2016, which is an unexpected blessing- I will not be moving. I’m not sure what housing looks like after that point.
- I requested prayer for guidance on a difficult family matter. While it is still on my mind, I am grateful for the peace I have about the matter. Thank God for wise counsel!
- I’m currently at $2,060 remaining need for funding for my October visit.
Thanks so much!