Hello Prayer Team,
Greetings from Huánuco!
I hear that the winter is starting to thaw out up there, at least for those in the Pacific Northwest.
I can hardly believe that my one-year anniversary in Peru is less than three months away, and that my first visit to the States is less than 8 months away!
Some praises and prayer requests:
- I had a few large unexpected expenses last month, but God put it on the heart of a ministry-partner couple to give a special gift that not just covered the expenses, but will also go towards getting me settled in the village! As soon as I found out, I felt like the addressee in Philippians 4:19: “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus” (NLT). I am so grateful.
- While in Lima I connected with a colleague who specializes in language learning, and he offered to help me and another colleague by providing some guidance and structure to our Quechua Language learning.
- My schedule is freer now than it was last year, making it easier to get to the village.
- I haven’t been able to make it to the village since I got back from Lima. By the time I was ready to head up, the rest of the family started trips of their own! Please pray that I would be able to make it up soon, and that God would provide an urgently needed language tutor while there.
- Stress and some general discouragement continues to be an issue. Some if it is related to feelings of loneliness. Please pray for wisdom and encouragement.
Major prayer request:
- Some representatives from a partner organization are coming to Huánuco on the 19th and 20th of March to discuss the possibility of providing some funding for the translation work. Please pray for us as a team, as we get ready. Especially, for organization and good communication.
What are you looking forward to this spring? As for me, I look forward to building stamina and gaining language proficiency as I work in the potato fields.
Thanks so much and God bless,