Hello Friends and Family,
Previously I shared that I might have been getting sick. Indeed, I did get a bit sick. But I am now largely over it! Thank you for your prayers.
As for Study Week, I’m off to a rough start.
Here are some prayer requests:
- While I’m largely recovered from my illness, long hours at the computer last week hurt my right wrist. Fortunately, I am left-handed, so by switching the mouse to my left hand, my right is able to rest without too much trouble. Yet my left is not accustomed to mouse-work, and already might be getting sore. I just need to stay off the computer! However, that has been complicated by today’s slip-up:
- Forgetting to sync a file properly corrupted a project database, necessitating IT troubleshooting and remote assistance. We’ll likely need to role back the project to a backup copy, loosing a small bit of work but hopefully restoring access to the database for everyone on the team! My. It’s taken a big portion of the day and is still a work in progress. Fortunately, there is no imminent deadline that this butting up against, nor is it likely that any more than a relatively small amount of work will be lost. Nothing that can’t be redone in about an hour’s time. It just takes a lot of people some time to fix and I feel bad for causing issues.
- Yesterday (Sunday) I felt like I was under a bit of demonic attack. I have been attacked before, and recognized the symptoms: self-criticism, recalling sad memories, and a general sinking feeling. I also recognized that this week would be an opportune time for the attack- a lot of unstructured time -used well- could be a huge boon to my semester, or -used poorly- a huge discouragement to my ego. Satan wants to discourage.
So, please pray:
- That I would have full recovery from illness and injury, and that God would help me find help for ergonomic adjustment if needed.
- For patience, self-grace, and a collected mind for myself when it comes to the computer issues. Prayer that those helping me would be able to fix the database without too much trouble.
- For an agile mind to recognize Satan’s attacks, and God’s strength, guidance, and protection to fight them off. Praise, also, that I feel better today than yesterday.
- That I would know what assignments and tasks to focus on in the five days I have left.
- That I would find an efficient way to structure my time in the five days I have left.
Fortunately, I have been able to talk with a couple of good friends the past couple of days. They have been a huge encouragement to me.
I also hope to write and send off a newsletter this week, after my wrists have a chance to rest. It has been nine months since my last newsletter. In a perfect world, that would be about six months too many!
Thank you so much for your prayers and support.