Less than it takes for the delivery man to arrive!
- Two large flour tortillas, trimmed to fit if necessary
- Some olive oil, sprinkled on lightly
- Some Medium Safeway Select Fire Roasted Salsa, spread thinly with a spoon (I think that the key here is chipotle, or Serrano chilies with garlic)
- Some cheddar cheese, shredded, but certainly not pre-shredded
- About a half-cup of button white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- One green onion, thinly sliced
- One small tomato, thinly sliced and with watery guts removed
- Some black olives, sliced
1. Prep all the ingredients above
2. Preheat oven to 425° F, placing the rack on the middle level.
3. On a large cookie sheet, stack the ingredients in order of listing. Then bake for about 4 to 7 minutes, keeping a very close eye on the oven.
4. Slice into quarters and enjoy with a homemade salad!
Be sure to eat the tortilla slices and tomato guts. It would be a shame to let them go to waste. 🙂
(Modification: the above recipe is short on protein. Consider adding some sliced lunch meat, cooked ground turkey, or pepperoni. The pepperoni or lunch meat could go in the salad too.)
Dedicated to my mother, who always modeled home cooking, and gave patient instruction every time I decided to try my luck in the kitchen!