Hello prayer team!
Thank you for your prayers. I’m writing this from the airplane that is taking me to Brazil for an intensive training workshop for translation consultants. While I studied just a bit of Portuguese for the trip, I’m grateful that the training will be in Spanish.
Here are some praise items:
- A recent visit to the city of Pucallpa to work on my visa went really well!
- While my cross-country bus passed a severe accident yesterday, we were able to arrive to Lima with just a dent from a minor collision.
- Through there were website complications with getting a government document needed for this flight, we were able to have it made and printed in the final hour.
- My forerunners Terry and Karla Smith are packed and ready to come to Peru for six weeks, and a short-term mission trip team from Alabama will join them in Panao shortly thereafter.
- My ankle continues to strengthen.
- For the team as they spend many days working together with the Smiths on Psalms and other books of the Old Testament. The Quechua translators must make a big sacrifice to spend this much time at once, because there is not yet a formalized protect, nor funding.
- Please also pray for the team as they ask their communities about what they think a translation project should look like, and as they work on the Panao Quechua Old Testament Translation Project Proposal
- For safe travels and good health for the Smiths and the team from Alabama, and for a successful, positive reading workshop during the weekend of Friday October 12th.
- Please pray for health, strength, and stamina for me as I go through this workshop in Brazil.
- Please pray that the Smiths and I would have a very good time of mentoring and learning when I get back from Brazil.
- Continued networking with stakeholders, and continued development of my own community.
- That I would continue to adjust to life in the village Tipsa.
- For continued spiritual growth and vitality.
How can I pray for you?
Thanks so much! God bless you,