Dear Prayer Team,
Thank you so much for your prayers! Here are some updates:
I made it safe and sound to Mexico- the last stop in my “Farewell Tour.” Over the past ten years, I have spent a total of three months at this orphanage. It’s good to see some old friends that have already graduated. That said, this visit has been quite different. On one hand, I am impressed by the completed renovations that are apparent at every turn. On the other hand, all the children recently had to be relocated to a different home because there is still some outstanding work to be done. The campus is quiet, and empty.
- Please pray for the morale of the staff and leadership.
- Please pray for the leadership, that they would make courageous, Christ-centered decisions.
- Including today, I have three more full days here. Please pray that God would give me clarity in goals and wisdom in conversations. Please pray for my morale as well.
Even as I am trying to sell my truck, I am trying to address some new issues relating to starting the engine. (Because buyers like a car that starts well! 🙂 ) Please pray for wisdom for me and for the mechanic, as the diagnosis is proving to be quite elusive.
Here are some of the other tasks I am still working on in my last 16 days in North America. If you would, please pray as you feel God lead:
- Writing a newsletter- especially in finding the time.
- Purchasing a bit more equipment
- Digitizing a few boxes of paper documents, books, slides, prints, and negatives
- Two more dentist visits. I’m at the point where I can only get in via the cancellation list.
- Figure out what I’m taking to Peru and what to do with the items that I can’t take.
Thank you everyone! God bless you.